Monday, January 18, 2010

Early starts...


What's On The Other Side?, originally uploaded by Dave Gorman.

We took two shows off over Christmas and new year and I was missing it by the time the second Sunday rolled round. A sure sign that the Absolute Radio gig is one that I'm really enjoying.

It's long enough away to just knock me a little bit out of my rhythm and I thought the first show back started a little shakily on my part but yesterday's show was ace fun. At one point we had Dappy from N'Dubz in the studio - and it wasn't just Danielle doing an impression while Martin asked her questions, honest - and it had me literally crying with laughter. I have no idea what was said. I'd recommend the podcast for that alone. Or maybe it will just sound like some people laughing.

I've got a week of press and stuff in advance of the tour starting up again. Cripes, that came round quickly! The first warm up dates are in the first week of February and then I'm off.

I wake up with porridge, honey and bananas on Sundays. No matter how groggy I feel it gives me a burst of energy that gets me through the show. I'll be having the same breakfast every day this week because I'm doing The Wright Stuff.

Early starts ahoy.

Early starts ahoy.

7 comments:

Helen Thornber said...

Looking forward to seeing you in Newcastle on the 7th March. A belated birthday present for my sister and only 5 days after yours (at least the tattoo means that all sorts of people who wouldn't normally remember your birthday now have it etched in their brains!) We're in the third row and promise not to heckle!

Scottish Nature Boy said...

Unsettling image of the day! BTW Dave, I had no idea that Dappy was so funny...:¬)

John said...

You have been very good on The Wright Stuff. I'm glad you're on all week.

Ali Taylor said...

Every time I have porridge I'm starving an hour later. Facts about my metabolism part 1.

Scottish Nature Boy said...

@Ali Taylor - me too. And I'm Scottish. Feels wrong somehow...

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Dappy can be funny. But not when he threatens to kill girls, though... As he did last week when some poor lass had the temerity to not like his sorry excuse for 'music' on a radio show.

Scottish Nature Boy said...

@Anonymous: er... I don't disagree. I got the point for myself about the unpleasantness of his behaviour when it happened thanks, but my post was about his "appearance" on Dave's show. I don't know if you noticed, but it wasn't actually Dappy on the DG show. Admittedly, Danielle did a really good impression...